CKF has been the leading innovator in the Midwest when it comes to countertop fabrication and production. We pride ourselves on producing multiple thousands of square feet of stone every single day, and in order for us to remain at the top of our game, we recently acquired a secret weapon: The BACA Robot Sawjet.
We have been waiting a long time to get a BACA in our fabrication facility. This one piece of equipment and everything about it is going to increase our production tremendously, allowing us to keep up with all of our jobs, and then some. Here are 6 interesting facts about what makes this “robot” so exciting and how it affects you as a customer:
- Lowest Maintenance in the Industry: The first oil change doesn’t need to happen for 5 years, meaning less downtime and maintenance every week.
2. More Productivity: There are two tables that surround the Robo Sawjet, which allows it to unload/load while cutting simultaneously. This allows our process to move MUCH faster, which means we can get orders out faster (yay for everyone!)
3. Fast Speeds: High pressure coils on all 6 axels allows smooth and fast movement, as well as easier replacement of high pressure lines as well.
4. Less Cutting Time: A 26 HP saw motor with a 16” saw blade will allow us to cut at the HIGHEST speed possible.
5. Increased Yield: Having a sawjet and waterjet built into the machine eliminates the damage that might otherwise occur between pieces. The machine actually decides whether to use the water or saw in delicate areas. Crazy, right?
6. Reduced Handling: The Robo Sawjet cuts many different custom openings that might otherwise have to occur at a different station, such as for faucets, sinks, etc. This eliminates the need for another set of hands, increasing production and material handling by mass amounts.
Overall, the turnaround time and efficient set up is going to benefit everyone involved, which is why we are so excited to have the BACA as part of our team.
Click here to see a video of the BACA in action and to learn more about this phenomenal piece of machinery.
If you’d like to see the BACA in person, click here to schedule a tour!